In recent years our parish has welcomed adult men and women who presented themselves for baptism. People from other lands and traditions find that the faith of their friends and neighbours have inspired them to want to learn more about becoming a catholic and being baptised into the Christian faith.
If you wish to explore the possibility of becoming a Christian member of the Catholic Church then please contact the parish office. We will welcome you and help you on your faith journey. You may find helpful the following information about Christian initation of adults.
What is RCIA?
The’ Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults’ is the process by which the Catholic Church welcomes new adult members into the Christian Community.
Who can participate in the RCIA?
- Non-Christians who are interested in becoming members of the Christian Community.
- Those baptised in another Christian tradition who are interested in becoming full members of the Catholic Church.
- Catholics who are baptised but who have not yet received the Sacrament of the Eucharist or Confirmation.
What methods are used?
- The RCIA is a return to the method used by the Early Church to initiate new members into the Christian Community.
- It is a process of Christian initiation into the Church that includes the study of sacred scripture and doctrine, spiritual reflection, private and liturgical prayer and community service and involvement.
The RCIA is a process of conversion and spiritual growth for adults. Each period is liturgically marked by celebrations indicating the end of one stage and the entrance into the next stage of the faith journey.
To Inquire about the RCIA programme Please contact any member of the Parish Team